Have you made a resolution for the New Year to try an art or a craft which you have never done?
Try stained glass. This form of art will test both your art and craft talents and skills. This form of religious story telling has been with us for over a thousand years. Stained glass is considered both an art and a craft and it will be your skill level which determines the starting point.
There are beginner kits and an assorted number of mediums which may be used rather than glass. Try something simple at first, then do a sample of projects using other mediums, and finally make a traditional stained glass project. Making and experimenting with the different types of mediums will be an educational experience, skill building, and discovering your favorite niche.
List of Medium alternatives for Glass:
Stained Glass Usage
- Windows and doors
- Interior décor of homes and offices to compliment with light, art, and color
- Exterior windows to allow sunlight to stream through artwork highlighting a room with light, mood, and energy..
- Art work on home décor – lamps, mirrors, panels, room dividers, and containers
- Food and beverage containers
- home and garden containers
- Art pieces of many different subjects
As your interests grow and change other projects may be discovered or invented by your personal creativity and imagination.