All hobbies have a tremendous amount of measurable value to their owners.
All hobbies require talents which are supported by knowledge and skills. Our hobbies and interests are extensions of our personalities and our heart's desires.
We can entertain one hobby or we can have many hobbies at any given time. It is not unusual for a hobby to become a business.
There are short term, long term, and lifetime hobbies. My dance interest became my first business, and now my writing hobby is becoming my second business. Speaking from experience, anyone who is active in any form of arts and crafts will not lack the wherewith all to experience an entrepreneurial lifestyle.
If a business is not of interest to you, then the making of gifts and sharing with others is very rewarding.
Perhaps, you do not have arts and crafts abilities. That's okay too. There are many hobbies which require observation only.
Being a spectator for any type of event, sport, or performance is needed.
Bird watching is very popular. Gambling is popular with dogs and horses. Without anyone watching who would monitor a race or for that matter someone needs to be around to monitor whatever the activity may be.
A performing artist, a television show, a movie, a musical concert, and other similar events need an audience.
In summary there are thousands of hobbies from which to choose. You can spend zero dollars to millions of dollars. The lifestyle you choose will dictate the hobby budget. Click here to learn more about budgeting for hobbies.
A famous French painter named Eugene Delacroix who was a French Romantic oil painter was seemingly the first to paint a Moroccan woman dancing with an exposed midriff.
Not every dancer works her belly into pops, rolls, or vibrations. In order for audience members to see this action in performance the midriff or abdominal area needs to be exposed.
Dancers have folded dollar bills, flipped coins, or rolled a variety of objects to demonstrate the rolling action of the abdominal muscles, or will balance objects like the sword or the cane as an attention-grabber to acquire publicity.
Doing belly pops, rolls, and vibrations is a lot of fun, and actually quite a challenge requiring much effort, time, and practice.
How To Do A Belly Roll
Doing this movement will help you to realize how disciplined and focused the dancer must be in order to accomplish this isolated movement. This is an excellent movement to exercise your intestines and relieve constipation.
1. Stand in front of a mirror and bare your abdominal area to see the movement.
2. Warm up the abdominal area by pushing the entire abdominal area out and then pull it inward. This will be done slowly at first. As the muscles respond to your commands the pushing and pulling will get easier. Have fun with this by playing drumming music and keeping time to the beats. This movement is known as the belly pop.
3. The belly roll itself is not really rolling; it is creating the illusion of rolling. After completing your warm-up exercises, it is time to isolate. Push out the belly or upper abdominal area while pulling in the lower abdomen or intestinal area. Then reverse by pulling in the upper abdomen, and pushing out the lower abdomen. Continue to repeat. This will take concentration, patience, practice, and time. After mastering this isolation the abdominal area will respond. Tip: It will help your focusing by placing a finger or your hand when commanding the upper and lower abdomen. Feeling the muscle respond under your finger or hand helps to confirm that you are in the right area especially when working without a mirror.
How To Do Abdominal Vibrations:
1. Purse your lips slightly and pant like a puppy. Practice in short periods of time as you may become lightheaded. When first learning to do this cover your mouth with your hand in order to not have people see how you are doing this maneuver.
2. Place the index finger and the third finger onto the diaphragm of the chest (between the upper rib cage) you will feel the diaphragm push in and out beneath the finger tips.
3. After you are able to perform this movement, remove your hand from your mouth. Some people have a problem with their nostrils flaring. If this should happen to you, notice the panting breath and control it at the point where the nostrils do not flare.
Click here for more information