For herself she is using all six senses to interpret the music.
- She will hear the music with her ears and mind.
- She will see or watch certain parts of her body move to the rhythms. Or she may visualize in order to refine her focusing.
- She can smell hints of her perfume as she moves around the stage.
- She can taste, in an abstract manner, to emphasize certain lip gestures.
- Touch is chronically occurring as she feels the floor beneath her feet, and the environmental surroundings about her body.
- The sixth sense of instinct or spirituality is experienced by the performer.
Sensuality refers to our physical and nonphysical sensations. Sexuality refers to intimate gestures of sex. These are two separate categories.
Doing the dance movements does not always create sensuality. The knowledge and understanding with the person's attitude has influence to activate or not activate these six senses. Not everyone is comfortable arousing any of the six senses and are not comfortable putting these actions for public display.
Women take belly dancing lessons for as many reasons as there are women. There is a certain percentage of females that are not comfortable with their body, but would like to become more sensual in or out of a belly dancing costume. Waking up the six senses will make us feel alive and have zest and enthusiasm for living our lives.
Belly dancing is a great asset for many women to grow and delight with being comfortable with their female body regardless of its size or appearance.
For more information visit Belly Dancing - Sensual Essentials.