Belly Dancing is Fun and More
What is it about this dance that holds us spellbound?
These are the possible reasons for our fascination:
- How about it’s just good fun and nothing more?
- Our social life has improved with new friends who share the same interests.
- Weekends have seminars and workshops and belly dancing entertainment activities.
- Improving our relationships with others.
- There are belly dancing clubs to join.
- The challenge and enjoyment of making costumes, jewelry, and other belly dancing accessories.
- An outlet for photographic and painting skills.
- An outlet for arts and crafts
- Learning to play instruments. The most popular appears to be drumming.
- It has helped with weight loss, improved physical appearance, energy, and stamina.
- A person’s mental and psychological outlook changes.
- Getting to know your true self.
- There is no conclusion to this dance, therefore it is an ongoing interest with variables.
- Discovering womanhood and being comfortable with our gender.
- Understanding and becoming comfortable with our feminine body.
Sensual Belly Dancing
Our hip, shoulders and belly areas can shake, roll, and quiver. These movements respond to drum beats. The drum beats invite the physical body to respond and mark the beats in unison. It relieves any minor aches or pains by warming and stretching muscles to release aches and pains, and tension while renewing and charging the body with energy.
The wind and string instruments invite the body to move with slow and deliberate hand, arm, abdominal, chest, and hip movements. The dancer is exercising her body performing slow motion stretches while interpreting the message or story of the musical piece.
The musicians tell their story with sound and the dancer illustrates the story with movements.
Belly Dance Addiction
Or visit for more information about “Belly Dancing – Sensual Essentials” written by Tricia Deed.