Belly Dancing Is Fun, Exciting, and Creative
Malicious stories, false stereotypes, and misinformation are falsehoods about dancers. Information of this sort defeats a potential student from taking lessons. If you enjoy dancing; this dance can offer an enjoyable physical outlet of dancing freestyle to music.
The challenge of accomplishing muscle control and certain athletic maneuvers is attractive. Those who do love challenges and have the necessary discipline and patience will accomplish and succeed learning this ancient dance art.
The cabaret style or night club dancing is the form of dance which takes much criticism because of the costuming and performing in public. It is the attitude of the dancer who selects being a performing artist and sets high standards as a professional dancer or lowers her standards to do otherwise. It is the individual who makes the choice, but unfortunately, all are blamed because of one.
Thousands of women are taking belly dancing classes for themselves and have no interest in becoming a public performer. .
Reasons for taking lessons:
- They may wish to dance for self expression
- Explore other creative outlets such as costuming and making jewelry
- Dance with other women who also enjoy this dance
- Entertain a husband or a lover
- Lose weight, tone their figures, flexibility
- Gentle exercises for medical problems
- Pregnancy exercises, menstrual relief
- Cultural and historical interests
- Preparation of muscles for other dance activities
- Become comfortable with a female body
America has instructors for any style which is of interest to you. Americans can choose Egyptian, Lebanese, and Turkish cabaret, Middle-east folkloric and ethnic, and American folkloric.
When you make the decision to take belly dancing classes, you will receive support from other women in your classroom. A new and exciting world of creativity and making new friends will have you forgetting about negative publicity. Millions of women worldwide participate in this dance. And the number one reason is “Fun”.