If you are not sure about your qualifications or abilities to be a business owner, then it is best to start working from your home.
The home setting will allow:
- Time to identify the best advertising and marketing techniques for your line of jewelry.
- The office space, working area, and storage access in the home will help provide low overhead and the opportunity to recognize essential office and jewelry equipment.
- Gain practical business principles to prepare for everyday applications.
- Research, create jewelry designs for increased profits, and market testing.
- Will your business be a one person operation or will you need to hire employees or subcontractors.
- Developing an awareness of realistic expenses that the jewelry business will incur.
- Time to save monies and to have a realistic view of profits.
- Will you be working part-time or full time?
- Decision to rent or purchase a building.
- Do you have a lot of energy?
- Are you disciplined to start and finish whatever you endeavor?
- Are you willing to work for however long it takes to complete a project?
- Are you an independent thinker?
- Do you have faith in your abilities and talents?
- Willingness to learn and invest in your education?
- Are you flexible? Do you have an open mind?
- Are you willing to change when it becomes necessary?
- Do you have a knack for seeing future possibilities?
For additional reading view Home-Based Handmade Jewelry Business