Greenhouses Are Popular
The invention of various plastics has brought about a revolution in the designing and construction of functional greenhouses. The traditional buildings made of wood, aluminum, and steel are still available. The invention of PVC pipes and assorted plastics has presented new material for framing, flooring, plumbing, electrical installation, walls and more.
These buildings may be erected by professional contractors or by your own hands. There are blueprints for the ambitious wood workers, purchase kits which may be erected in a day, or do it yourself individuals may be creative and assemble materials which can be recycled. In other words; it's affordable and will fit any budget. .
Traditional Gardening or Greenhouse Gardening?
Are you passionate about gardening? Do you love watching seeds, bulbs, or young plants grow and mature into beautiful flowers, fruits, or vegetables?
The four seasons of the year offer an array of flora which we pursue with enthusiasm. It is because of this passion that a green house is given much consideration. This type of building is an asset for growing our favorite plants under controlled conditions. The less our plants need to battle Mother Nature the easier it is for them to grow healthy and beautiful.
3 Types of Greenhouses
- Cold Frame Boxes: Portable framed boxes which service seedling or plants to become stronger or acclimated to withstand an environmental change before being transplanted into the traditional garden.
- Lean-To Greenhouse: The lean-to green house is a three-sided structure which is attached to the side of a stable building, a wall, or a fence. Its design presents the appearance of a half-house with a slanted roof and three sides covered with plastic, shade cloth, or glass.
- Free standing building: A permanently constructed building for the serious horticulturist.
The greenhouse must fit your needs as well as meet rules and regulations of your local community. The decision to construct a portable or a permanent structure is dependent upon how this building will be utilized.
- What types of plants or seedlings will be grown.
- Will you be accommodating tropical plants, trees, greenhouse plants or other favored crops?
- Are you planning to grow a variety of annual or perennial plants?
- Are you growing vegetables?
- Is it to be used as a plant hospital?
- Do you specialize in the germinating seeds for transfer at a later date?
The seedlings or plants that you nurture will have a great deal of influence on the type of structure needed. The greenhouse will contain shelving, hanging rods, manual or automatic water and temperature controls, windows, vents, storage, work bench, counter space and other necessities or convenience accessories.
Click for more information about greenhouse planting.