Jewelry Display Props
Create displays which will help to sell your handcrafted jewelry. The attractiveness of your display needs to compel a customer to stop at your location. Your display needs to attract and hold the attention of customers.
Help display your jewelry according to their aesthetic value.
- Elegant jewelry will require an upscale background and commercial display racks
- Craft jewelry appears at its best surrounded by crafty knick knacks
- Leather and stone displays nicely among original uncut raw stone and animal hides
- Fashion jewelry is best displayed with high fashion apparel
- Specialty jewelry deserves its own unique support
- Children’s jewelry is enhanced by placing them with toys and children’s clothing
- Arranging an unappealing jewelry display will cause passersby to look and walk away
- Unattractive or inappropriate containers do not enhance the product line
- Jewelry scattered haphazardly sends a do not care attitude
- Too many pieces which present clutter will confuse and discourage shoppers
An attractive display helps potential customers to make a decision to buy. Solving the customers’ problems will sell more jewelry. Much effort and heart is given to creating a piece of jewelry; the same should be done when displaying your artwork.
For example, display pearl necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and ring in a setting of wedding apparel and accessories. The wedding props will help the customer to see if their pearl selection will be a perfect compliment to their wedding choices.
We are guilty of wanting to show off every creation which we have made. Showcase a few pieces at a time. Creating clutter with too many pieces will diminish the uniqueness of your creations. The customer will see a messy table and avoid stopping to see your jewelry display.
Showing less gives the customer a clear and detailed picture of whatever piece they are admiring. Customers will ask for other sizes or colors. Have your stock box nearby. Conversations with customers will open opportunities for more sales.
Indoor and Outdoor Displays
The indoor setup can be done with glass. Glass tops and counters, shelving and display cases may be used. Strategically placed mirrors offer luxury and the illusion of a larger space. More importantly, the customer can model their selection and the reflection in the mirror will be their feedback to buy or not.
Commercial retail stores have special display units or glass showcases to arrange their jewelry. These types of display cases may be considered for gold, silver, and gem jewelry.
Outdoor shows require articles that will not be affected by inclement weather, dust, and heat or cold. Use metal, plastic, and wood cases with locks to offer stability and security for your merchandise. Arrange your creations for fast removal in the event of sudden inclement weather.
The jewelry which you make will sell if it fits the needs and desires of the customer, quality workmanship, and a reasonable price. Your display plans support these three reasons to assist a customer to make a decision to purchase.