During the months of October, November, December, and January Americans tend to overeat and overdo festive events which involve delicious food and beverage choices. These edible affairs include Halloween, Oktoberfest, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve; four months and one day.
Exercising and Dieting:
January 1 is the day on which we make personal promises:
- To change our eating habits
- Weight loss goal
- The type of exercise to lose fat and tone our muscles
- Planning ahead for the spring and summer fashions
- Possibly a change of employment from sedentary to physically active
There seemingly appears to be little concern for exercise or weight loss during the spring summer seasons. Why? Because our body is more active with physically demanding activities and our calorie consumption is less. Spring and summer foods contain more salads, fresh fruits, and lean meats. In summary we gain our weight and lose our attractive figures during the remaining nine months of the year.
We need to increase the 3 months of weight loss and physical attractiveness to 12 months. To accomplish this we need to understand what nutritional and exercise programs are easy and satisfying in order to be successful year round. The benefits of good health, energy, and a longer life are great incentives for living a positive and happy lifestyle.
- It is an activity which can be done year-round.
- Classes may be conducted with videos or a private instructor in your home.
- Attending classes with other students who share the same interest is very supporting.
- The mirrors in the classroom or in your home studio reflect your body’s image and help you to see problem areas which may need additional weight loss, toning, or costuming to meet desired image.
- This dance makes you feel comfortable, confident, and appreciative or your body type.
- Rehearsing for a public performance is a strong motivator to feel and look your best. It is an exciting and rewarding adventure which takes us away from our daily life with its mundane activities.
Belly dancing or any other form of dancing may not be for you. That’s okay. You need to select an exercise program which suits your personality and abilities and gives you the desired success to accomplish your weight loss and fitness goals. READ MORE.